Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Simple Pleasures

There’s this thing that happens after I have a week of highs. The week of The Low. No writing, minimal cleaning, and way, way too much TV. I am completely useless. I waver on the thin line between actually doing something about it or just leaving it as it is.

I have two jobs on deck, one just two weeks, the other six months. I’m looking forward to neither. They LOOM. That’s probably why I’m in this mood come to think of it - the realization that I have to go back to being productive for other people. The suspicion that I just may have wasted the magical ‘get out of jail free’ card I was given all those months ago.

Simple pleasures, simple pleasures. New tarot deck coming any day now (I love packages in the mail). The likely over-consumption of this earthy, just-ginsengy-enough tea my sister sent from Korea. New books from two of my favourite authors and a new author in the wings.

Oh, and there’s ¾ of a bottle of Sumac Ridge in the fridge, a full one in the wine rack. Really, I can't complain.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 10:59 AM

I would like to add to that a wonderful BBC drama called "Shameless" Which I am addicted to and can't find anywhere.

If you see it Mrs/Ms M to the P/A (squared), then remember, my birthday is only 11 months away...

Re: the name - keep yours but use hyphenation for the future offspring. How's that for confusing!?!?!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON