Saturday, March 18, 2006

Apple, This Is Your Last Day

Last day of the Inner Klean Diet, a gorging of fruit and veggies designed to flush out the liver system. I’d like to tell you that I feel like a million bucks, that I have been overcome with a feeling of health and wellness, that I have touched God just a little. But I’d be lying.

Last night was probably the biggest test. It was our friend Matt’s birthday party held at a restaurant in Little India. Trevor’s a sucker for Indian food. I’m a sucker for a nice cold beer on a Friday night. It was hell. We sat with our hand politely folded in our laps as everyone around us gorged from the buffet. Of course, the guy beside me got smashed to the point of disgusting, which pretty much killed my urge to drink a beer. So that was nice. But I sure drooled when the lady across from Trevor loaded her plate with pakoras. And the waiter kept dropping baskets of fresh, steaming naan in front of us. Presumably to catch the drool.

Just when I thought I was going to lose it, the two year-old sitting across from me puked all over the table. I didn’t feel so much like eating after that. Thanks, little kid!

Trevor started one day later than me, so tomorrow is his last day and I might stick it out in solidarity. After all, he didn’t have to do this cleanse but he did. Or, I might brew a pot of coffee, whip up some pancakes and bacon and gorge myself in front of him. Oh come on – it’ll be good for him. Builds character.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



2 comments:

Blogger Eden ~ 10:25 AM

But did you take the job??  


Blogger Amalia ~ 12:14 PM

Ah yes. More on that tomorrow.  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON