Monday, February 27, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend

Things that truly rocked about my weekend:

• Kingston, ON, and specifically the area around Queens
• Rediscovering Venus in Furs by The Velvet Underground
• Nailing 4 out of 5 Tarot readings (my first for other people)
• The fact that Trev’s sister Kerri's new fiancé, Jihao, is a very cool guy.
• Their friend Amanda’s decadent double-chocolate torte
• Being carded in the Kingston LCBO. I turn 30 next month. Ha!
• At this same magical, mystical LCBO, finding Sumac Ridge Gewurztraminer and immediately purchasing 5 bottles (because Toronto doesn't believe in BC wines). Oh right, gotta pay Trev back….
• A truly beautiful 20-minute power nap on Sunday. I’ve been known to nap but this was just one of those rare ones, completely refreshing and energizing.
• Waking up from power nap to a delicious Thai and fresh dumpling lunch because Kerri and Jihao and Amanda ROCK so much.

Things that really kind of sucked about the weekend:

• Blowing the 5th Tarot reading. It was for someone’s love life, an unfortunate time to completely suck. In my defense, my brain was total mush. I probably should have taken a break first. Lesson learned.
• Hitting a blizzard on the 401. I seriously though I was going to get us killed.
• The fact that Kiwi-the-cat seemed to deteriorate in overall condition during our mere 30+ hours away. Thankfully his coat returned to normal within two hours of our reunion.
• Getting carded at LCBO was great, sure, but realizing I forgot my ID was freakin' humiliating. I had to ask my boyfriend to pull for me! Because I'm 30 going on 15! I should have gotten a bottle of Baby Duck .
“Kingdom of Heaven” What the hell was that, besides a horrific mess?
• The fact that our lovely weekend is already over. Bye weekend! We'll miss you!

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 9:37 PM

Hey lady...you didn't blow that last reading...as I recall
...that ship had sailed...no more to be said. Oh, by the way...with respect to the High Priestess, Jiahao and I thought more about the wedding...decided to wait until 2009..seriously...so that will give everyone time to save their money for the Taiwan wedding (but we will still join you in Korea)..peace out. k-dawg  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON