Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Unemployment Rules

Last night, I made a completely successful Lotusland Linguine from the Rebar cookbook . I know! Me! I was slightly nauseous all night but that was purely coincidental.

I’d like to give a shout out to Aleksi and Jeff. We three make up the writing club that meets the first weekend of every month at The Old Nick for organic brunch, two pots of coffee and lots of writing talk (they also have a new waitress, fresh from Nova Scotia. She hasn’t yet developed that Toronto crust). Because of this group, I’ve written more consistently this week than ever.

And yesterday I cleaned up the dog poop in the back yard (I don’t want to talk about it) and scrubbed the couch and sad looking, pet-demolished living room rug with environmentally friendly cleaner. I now have time to volunteer for an after-school 'Run and Read' program (not at the same time. That would be mayhem. They run, then read). So you see, it turns out I’m very good at this unemployment thing. I feel more consistently happy and stimulated than ever. There is a chance I may never go back to work.

Don’t tell Trevor.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



1 comments:

Blogger Eden ~ 4:58 PM

Yes, I HEARD from a parental source that you are writing a mystery! I am very excited!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON