Monday, January 09, 2006

A List, Post-Vacation

- I have slept at least 12 of the past 24 hours.
- Trev says that on the third day of your absence, dogs think you’re dead. Charlie was very happy and likely surprised to see me return from the other side. She stares at me a bit suspiciously.
- Kiwi-the-cat, on the other hand, looked shocked and a little put out. Apparently Kiwi has decided that Trevor is his, not ours to share. Never mind that 4 years ago it was me who saved the skinny little gremlin from certain death. I still remember - he was the one doing back flips in his Humane Society cage.
- I have eaten a whole bag of Old Dutch Popcorn Twists, unavailable east of Manitoba. That leaves just one bag to last until my next trip back home.
- There is a stack of Employment Insurance information waiting for me. I’m avoiding it. It looks overly complicated.
- I am slowly unpacking. More like, wading through the knee-high chaos that erupted when I unzipped my suitcases.
- The Warrior puppet that Trev’s sister brought us from Taiwan sits on the bookshelf, grimacing at me, sword raised. I think he wants me to get the hell off the couch already.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ ~ social bookmark



0 comments:

post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON