Friday, November 04, 2005

Funny Story

The iMac, that ol’ girl, is bound for greener pastures. Trevor had her for years before we moved in together. When he bought a Powerbook, I gladly adopted her for my work which, if it’s not obvious, I do from home. And the ol’ girl has served me well.

But lately the screen has been going and we’ve had a few scares when she’s crashed (yes, I know you’re supposed to do a back up!). I can’t afford to have her go kaput when my job relies so heavily on computer access.

So yesterday, I did something that made my heart race and my knees go weak. I bought a brand new G4 iBook. She’s a cute young thing and she’ll serve me well for the next few years. Last night, Trevor was able to transfer all my work files with relative ease and I was back online in time for the start of the business day.

Just in time to be dismissed from my job.

posted by Working From Home Today
~ permalink ~ backlinks ~ social bookmark






outside links to this post:


2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ~ 5:38 PM

Political bloggers jailed, detained
Libya has sentenced a blogger to a year and a half in prison after he criticized the government in his online articles, according to Human Rights Watch.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to quality assurance highway construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like quality assurance highway construction!  


Anonymous Anonymous ~ 5:39 PM

Podcast In Progress: Services Connect Users With Content
As podcasts morph from the latest craze into a permanent presence in cyberspace, services are ... If you can't find a show you like, you can, fairly easily, create your own show," said Elisabeth Lewin, publisher of PodcastingNews.com , which offers tutorials on how to use services like Blogger or Feedburner to create and host podcasts.
Just like so many Americans my friend loves the clubs and pop r & b lyrics so he went ahead and built an awesome website about pop r & b lyrics. When he's in high spirit he goes to the site and start reciting all his favorite pop r & b lyrics. Says it's good for the heart. Guess what? I gave it a shot and it works great!  


post a comment ~ Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom] ~ main page





CURRENT MOON